2D Fancy camera & player movements

:information_source: Attention Topic was automatically imported from the old Question2Answer platform.
:bust_in_silhouette: Asked By GENTEK

Someone could provide me at least a camera and player movements template or example to help me to know where to start!

:bust_in_silhouette: Reply From: cassie

So, let’s get the mean part out of the way…if you googled your way to here you should have been able to google your way through your question. Only leads to downvotes.

Next, and naturally…there is no template. Especially without knowing what type of game you’re making. Top down? Metroidvania? Rogue-like? And the camera is a freebie tbh. Add the node, change the drag values for free player movement, assign its position.

I work actually on a platform 2D side scroler. I’ve some trouble to figure out how to properly make the player moving and how having a bit stylised camera movements.

GENTEK | 2023-02-09 17:16

The camera part is mostly just part of the node. The rest is going to be youtube videos for your mechanics. Every game is different, and has different mechanics. Find what you want and really just google it.

cassie | 2023-02-09 17:19

Ok thanks for the reply!

GENTEK | 2023-02-09 17:21