A difficult challenge.

:information_source: Attention Topic was automatically imported from the old Question2Answer platform.
:bust_in_silhouette: Asked By FER33

How to run a game on TinyCore Linux without desktop environment?
Thanks

:bust_in_silhouette: Reply From: sash-rc

You don’t need Desktop environment specifically to run graphical application. For graphics, (Godot) you need X11 and OpenGL (ES).

I’ve tried, but can’t. Nevertheless I remain hopeful. My computer has a CPU with IntelHD Graphics. Please, if someone could give me a step-by-step guide to run a game in TinyCore without a desktop, I would explain here my intentions and an idea, which is fun and lucrative at the same time.
Thank you.

FER33 | 2021-06-30 16:16

As I said the problem is not about Desktop. It’s probably about obsolete or incomplete kernel and libraries. Which one - you’re the owner, you should see logs, unresolved dependencies. Did you try to build Godot on your system?

I’ve tried, but can’t

Yes, I know, but can you be more specific?

sash-rc | 2021-06-30 22:26

Yes,
I have several virtual machines to simulate the system. I want to keep the system clean for Godot. So I downloaded the 64-bit version of TinyCore, practically empty.
TinyCore Linux 64bits
And the only thing I installed was Xorg-7.7-3d-dev
So when I run the executable, I get an error similar to: 'unexpected “)” ’ after garbled characters among several 'not found’ (the executable is also 64-bit)
In another simulation of the system I tried to build Godot using this:
Godot tcz

I solved the dependencies indicated in the compile_godot file and others that were missing, but I got stuck in a third-party dependency.
I really appreciate your help and effort.

FER33 | 2021-07-01 00:08

clear runtime error
line 26 : syntaxerror: unexpected word (expecting “)”)

FER33 | 2021-07-01 00:17