A shader progress bar over multiple objects

Godot Version

Godot 4.2

Question

Hi Y’all! I was wondering if it is at all possible to have an Area2D with a shader and change the colour of the pixels below that Area2D.

The idea is I have a health bar made up of multiple sprites/objects (Think Legend of Zelda hearts but designed to resemble a health bar) and I want a secondary progress bar (the Area2D) which will show the players “fury” meter. I already have it coded so that the max fury needed to enter a fury mode is based on the remaining HP. Lower HP, less fury needed. I thought it would be cool to use the health bar as a way to show fury as well. So, this Area2D will expand as fury is built up and change the colour of the health sprites below it, allowing the player to know how much more fury they need based on their current HP. Let me know if any of that made sense.

So to summarize, is there a way to use an area 2D which is changing in size/shape to effect the sprites below it? Thanks for any help y’all! Let me know if you need any more info to help out.

An Area2D is only for physics so it won’t affect anything visually, maybe a Polygon2D if you want a polygon shape but I’m not understanding your issue.

Can you make a drawing of what you want? Do you want the fury and the health bar in the same bar? Doesn’t need to be a well rendered drawing just a scheme to understand what you want to make.