Always the same 2 hard-to-trace ugly errors

Godot Version

Godot Engine v4.2.2.stable.official.15073afe3 - https://godotengine.org
Vulkan API 1.3.255 - Forward+ - Using Vulkan Device #0: Intel - Intel(R) UHD Graphics 630 (CFL GT2)

Err

Hello everyone!

I always (and immediately, seemingly at the first cycles) get the same two errors when I launch the binary:

ERROR: Condition "img.is_null()" is true. Returning: ERR_INVALID_PARAMETER
   at: _create_from_images (scene/resources/image_texture.cpp:274)
ERROR: Condition "_create_from_images(p_images) != OK" is true.
   at: _set_images (scene/resources/image_texture.cpp:290)

The mentioned C++ code refers to image textures, and I though I found the problem a while ago when I discovered an empty TextureRect in my UI Control nodes, and the error seemed to have gone away, but now it’s back and I carefully checked every image in my project, but I can’t find anything suspicious.

Question

How can I try and debug this error further? I’ve put a break point at the very top of the first process, and got step by step through to the main menu without anything happening in the console or anywhere ; This bug (in my code? In Godot?) seems impossible to trace back to! :rage: And why don’t I see those 2 errors in the console when I run / debug the game in the editor?

Thanks (a lot) for your time (Godot is superb) and help.

Are you perhaps applying Viewport textures to something, and trying to access the viewport texture before the viewport itself has updated the texture to a not null status? That might explain why it happens in builds but not editor, since in the editor those textures (i think) would cache (edit: …would cache +between runs).