AnimationPlayer not interacting with AnimatedSprite

:information_source: Attention Topic was automatically imported from the old Question2Answer platform.
:bust_in_silhouette: Asked By nerorome

AnimatedPlayer

AnimatedSprite

What I should have instead

Hello guys I am a newbie to the godot engine and I am really enjoying spending my time with it. But I can’t figure out the problem why my animatedplayer isn’t interacting with AnimatedSprite as it should be like you see in the third picture. I really would appreciate some help, thank you !

Could you please elaborate on how the AnimationPlayer is suppose to interact with the AnimatedSprite?

Ertain | 2019-09-03 23:48

I think AnimatedSprite and AnimationPlayer are two separate animation approaches that were not thought to be used at the same time.

If you use an AnimatedSprite, you usually don’t need an AnimationPlayer, these both do the same thing (just in different ways). Once you got your frames setup in AnimatedSprite, it can already play the animation itself.

That said, please explain better what you are trying to achieve. If you just want to make your coin loop over several frames with an AnimtedSprite, you definitely don’t need AnimationPlayer.

Zylann | 2019-09-04 12:52

Thank you for replying Ertain and Zylann.

I actually fixed the my problem through trial and error. For some reason when I clicked to my animatedsprite on default it showed me SpriteFrames label. And it looked like I couldn’t add key values to it. But then I noticed that next to SpriteFrames there was an Animation label, so when I clicked it I could add key values to my AnimatedFrame.

It was a dumb mistake from my side, if anyone encounters an issue like that with the interaction of animatedframes and Animation player just click here.

enter image description here

nerorome | 2019-09-04 13:14