are Godot features for fast and rapid development

:information_source: Attention Topic was automatically imported from the old Question2Answer platform.
:bust_in_silhouette: Asked By Mirza-92-155

hey guys, i don’t have a great vision on Godot, i know it’s powerful and good but i don’t know how much it is fast if we compare it to construct or 001engine, these 2 engine offer fast and rapid development, and as i want to develop a 2D co-op game, is Godot engine fast enough if we compare it to construct (because construct have ready-multiplayer feature, so u don’t need to coding all the network scripting and saving much time on it, in two word: fast & easy)
or have it ready built-in features like 001engine?
very much ty for helping me :slight_smile:

:bust_in_silhouette: Reply From: llama

I have never used the engines you mentioned, but Godot does have a lot of premade stuff for you in the form of nodes. I can develop and prototype fairly quickly in Godot, but probably not as fast as in engines designed more for beginning coders like Construct, those engines tend to a lot more of the heavy lifting for you, at the cost of flexibility.

Those type of engines do most of the hard work for you so of course you can make things quickly but sometimes you have to compromise your vision a bit because you can’t always tweak those premade functions without rewriting them and then you are back to square one.

So really, use what you think is gong to get you the result you need. You seemingly are not familiar with Godot so already your going to be at a disadvantage in having to learn the engine.