Can I successfully move one animation from one Animationplayer to another for a rigged character?

:information_source: Attention Topic was automatically imported from the old Question2Answer platform.
:bust_in_silhouette: Asked By AudioBellum

Can I successfully move one animation from one Animationplayer to another for a rigged character? If so, how? Would the animation still work? Whenever a rigged and animated character is imported into the Godot, automatically have an AnimationPlayer Node as a child and it consist of all of it’s animations; is there away to move the animations from that AnimationPlayer node to another one and still have them work? I’ve tried moving animations from one player to another but, it didn’t work for rigged animations for me.

:bust_in_silhouette: Reply From: Inces

You can choose to import models animations as a separate .anim files instead of built-in with anination player. Find this in Import Tab of your .glb file in Godot. Animations applied to another character can work only if all of the bones have the same names. It is possible workflow to make one skeleton for all of your models and just tweak small differences.

Thank you for this answer. It worked.

AudioBellum | 2021-12-30 17:17