Can you increase the limit of the edit screen and the limit of collisions to get bigger?

:information_source: Attention Topic was automatically imported from the old Question2Answer platform.
:bust_in_silhouette: Asked By Facu1245

Hi, I would like to know if there is any way to increase the limit of the edit screen and the size of the collisions, because I want to make a simulation game of rockets and more or less scalar planets and it does not give me to determine the size of the orbit of the planets and the size of some of them.
Is this something that can be done from the project editor or from the code?

:bust_in_silhouette: Reply From: klaas

I dont know if i understand this correctly. You mean the scale range from the tiny rocket to a planetary system does not work in the editor anymore?

I dont think the editor will suit your needs in this project.

Since physics simulation heavily uses threshold values you will run in many other problems regarding the scale issue. Then there will be a problem with the z-buffer when rendering in solar-scale. The depth resolution will not work in this dimensions anymore.

Even Kerbal switches from physics simulation to newtons laws once leaving the atmosphere.

I think you have to implement some sort of scale switching systematics for this.

ok thanks, but actually I’m in 2d because I know it would be much more complex to do it. I do not know how to make the rocket extremely small for the planets, making the size of the earth first and its orbit I no longer know how to increase its size, the only solution I find is only by code, but I do not know if it would work

Facu1245 | 2020-07-20 23:19

Okay, no problem on z-buffer then.

Maybe you want to implement zoom stages then. When the whole planet is visible your tiny rocket would be invisble anyway, so why rendering it?
When your rocket is visible your planet is so huge, why render the whole planet?

klaas | 2020-07-20 23:24

In realizing I do not want to render the planet when it is not complete only with the zoom, as you said, the size I could more or less with scale because the maximum radius of collisionshape2d 16384px and I did not find the function to change it by gdscripte although I got the rocket collides me where it shouldn’t. Then what I would like is to be able to see by the editor where the moon is then without having to wait to execute it due to the zoom limit that the editor makes me. Then for the rest more or less I manage

edit: and I would like to know how to make more perfect circles

Facu1245 | 2020-07-21 00:12

edit: and I would like to know how to make more perfect circles

The CircleShape collision shape is a perfect circle, even though its visual representation isn’t.

Calinou | 2020-07-21 07:34