Changed version and got problems

:information_source: Attention Topic was automatically imported from the old Question2Answer platform.
:bust_in_silhouette: Asked By kekgenius

I know I should not use beta versions but still.
Changed version of godot from 3.1 beta 2 to beta 3 and I now there are errors when trying to open most scenes, as well as after the project is closed - it loses the name and settings.
Opening reserve project on old godot gives the same error.

scene/resources/scene_format_text.cpp:838 - res://TileMapTest.tscn:1 - Parse Error:
Failed loading resource: res://TileMapTest.tscn
editor/editor_data.cpp:564 - Index p_idx=1 out of size (edited_scene.size()=1)

#1: I recommend switching to a newer beta version. Why use an old beta with errors which may already be fixed?

Dev snapshot: Godot 3.1 beta 10

#2:
Do I read that right? You even can’t open it on beta2 anymore?
Then maybe your scene file might be corrupted. Try again with a backup (but save also your current project files). And make sure that your previous backups of your project don’t get overwritten by newer backups.

#3:
You can also check the tscn file in a text-viewer/editor. It is a text file after all. The error seems to relate to resource id=1. Maybe you can see something obvious?

About corrupted files:
I didn’t have any problems with corrupted files on the 3.1beta’s so far. Even when they stalled while writing the file everything was intact after restart. But still, it is always possible. Antivirus-Software can be a possible reason for oddities in the file handling. (I had hickups - file locked, can not write - especially with Godot 2.x + Windows + Avira)

wombatstampede | 2019-03-03 11:53