Control nodes not rendering properly with shader

Godot Version

v4.2.stable.official [46dc27791]

Question

I’m trying to apply this shader into my game, but it doesn’t apply properly to any control nodes, only choosing one color regardless of what the original was. Any ideas? It works just fine with every other sprite I’ve applied it to.

It will work properly if you apply it to a TextureRect or a ColorRect. For any other kind of Control, you’re going to need to use styles:

1 Like

I see, thank you. Do shaders just not work well with things like labels across the board? or is there just a problem with the way this one is written that makes it difficult to use? Thanks again.

Well they work particularly terribly with Labels, but with other Controls they’re just tricky. Is it specifically text you’re trying to apply the shader to?

I was applying it to a lot of things, but text was one of them yes. I did a little more tinkering and making my text a child of a subviweport made it so the shader works fine now. Thanks again for your help.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.