Deleting the Epic Games folder completely shatters Vulkan

hello! I have been experiencing a serious error that appears to be related to a much deeper part of godot as I’m unable to find results anywhere

Here’s what happened:

I had only a few gb of space left on my C: Drive, and so whilst cleaning it, I decided to delete the Epic Games folder that was on my :fearful: Drive.

Somehow, in some way, this singular action managed to break Godot’s vulkan in almost every way. I fixed the first initial errors of a missing vulkan json file by simply installing the Vulkan SDK, but the below errors persisted:

`

:55 - Tokenizer: Unknown character #35: ‘#’

Shader compilation failed.

./servers/rendering/renderer_rd/shader_rd.h:165 - Parameter “version” is null.

modules/multiplayer/scene_replication_config.cpp:59 - Condition “p_value.get_type() != Variant::BOOL” is true. Returning: false

modules/multiplayer/scene_replication_config.cpp:59 - Condition “p_value.get_type() != Variant::BOOL” is true. Returning: false

res://assets/characters/player/shaders/post_processing/SSOUTLINE.gdshader:55 - Tokenizer: Unknown character #35: ‘#’

editor/plugins/text_shader_editor.cpp:64 - Condition “p_region.y < 0” is true.

editor/plugins/text_shader_editor.cpp:64 - Condition “p_region.y < 0” is true.

./servers/rendering/renderer_rd/shader_rd.h:165 - Parameter “version” is null.`

No code was changed at all. Suddenly, godot’s GDShaders stopped recognizing directives, among other things I quite don’t understand. After many attempts over many hours to fix this, including consulting with the discord server, I have not been able to fix these.

In particular, tokenizer is affecting me greatly as it prevents the outline shader of my game from compiling, since it uses directives.

I opened a github issue in regards to this, but so far no results yet.

(yes I copied and pasted from my github issue as it explains it in much greater detail)

If anyone can please assist or shed some light, that would be greatly appreciated.

I’m sorry if this wasn’t the right place to ask but I really feel like I’ve ran out of options here

The github issue is much more detailed and contains responses and things that i’ve tried that hasnt worked.