Do you know any way to enable pinch zooming over control nodes?

:information_source: Attention Topic was automatically imported from the old Question2Answer platform.
:bust_in_silhouette: Asked By thecolorfive

Hello, I am designing an application instead of a game with this game engine. It is effectively done at this point actually, and the Godot game engine has been very useful for accomplishing it, but I used all control nodes and when exporting to mobile the only way that I can find to get the pinch to zoom function to work is with a Camera2D modification, which simply does not work over Control nodes. It only works over Node2D type nodes. I am able to switch everything to nodes that extend from Node2D if I have to because I already have the code that defines the application function written, but, for one thing, that would leave off the convenient split containers and toggle buttons, and also I would really rather not. Or I could possibly just not use pinch zooming. But do you know if there is any way to enable pinch zooming over Control nodes?

From what I can tell about the Control nodes in the engine, the nodes are translated into the widgets used in the mobile OS. Unless pinch zooming can be used on the widgets of the mobile OS, there probably isn’t a way to implement that in the engine.

Ertain | 2021-02-24 10:55

I suppose that means if I just include the zoom capable camera, if the OS happens to support it over widgets then it would work?

thecolorfive | 2021-02-24 22:34