Does the Export to Windows Desktop not work with Spine 3.6.53.1 module?

:information_source: Attention Topic was automatically imported from the old Question2Answer platform.
:bust_in_silhouette: Asked By ChzBoi

I’ve compiled the Godot source with Spine 3.6.53.1. Everything works fine in the Godot editor and F5 will play my project perfectly!

However, when exported to a Windows Desktop exe, the .json cannot be found. I’ve added “*.json” to the “Filters to Export”, however that made no difference.

Exact error : “No loader found for resource: res://_graphics/my.json at core/io/resource_loader.cpp:186”

I am thinking I may have an incorrect template, but not sure how/where to replace.

Any insight is appreciated!

UPDATE : I asked this question to the folks at Spine - Nate there said that this was a Godot issue. I’ve reinstalled/reloaded templates. It still will play fine with F5 within the IDE but fails on Export to Windows Desktop.

ChzBoi | 2019-03-16 19:55

:bust_in_silhouette: Reply From: ChzBoi

UPDATE: thanks to @davarrcal over at the Spine forums for pointing me in the right direction.

Not only did I need to compile with the export templates [(platform= windows target = release_debug tools=no) and (platform= windows target = release tools =no)] but also needed to rename them to match - missed that step.

It is all working on 3.0.6 with Spine 3.6.53.1 now.