Enemy inside an Sperical area doesn't allow detect enemy mouse_entered signal

:information_source: Attention Topic was automatically imported from the old Question2Answer platform.
:bust_in_silhouette: Asked By clambu

I have a KineticBody representing an enemy with the corresponding MeshInstance and CollissionShape. Additionally, as a child, I have an Area. This Area has a collisionShape that is an Sphere. This Area will be used to detect if the Player comes close in order to attack it. This sphere is big and enemy is inside it.

On the other had I have a signal that detect if the mouse entered the enemy, then if I click the mouse button I select the enemy.

The problem I’m facing seems to be that this area with the sphere doesn’t allow to trigger the mouse_entered over the enemy.

Is this normal ? What is the correct way to proceed in this case ?

Thanks

Have you tried using a print line just to make sure that the engine is detecting that the signal is working?

TheGreatButtby | 2018-10-24 08:02

Is there a way for you to check for the mouse? In some of these signals for these “blank_entered()” functions, you can get the bodies which are colliding, and check their name, or something like that, to determine whether it’s the mouse.

Ertain | 2018-10-24 07:00

Yes, when there is collision shape on the area, when mouse enters do nothing…

clambu | 2018-10-24 15:40

Is there a way for you to check for the mouse? In some of these signals for these “blank_entered()” functions, you can get the bodies which are colliding, and check their name, or something like that, to determine whether it’s the mouse.

I’m newbie and I’m not sure about that… :frowning:

clambu | 2018-10-24 15:42