Fancy Fades for Godot

:information_source: Attention Topic was automatically imported from the old Question2Answer platform.
:bust_in_silhouette: Asked By munja95

Hi,

I watch some tutorials, and find out that there is a plugin for fancy transitions:

since I am new to Godot, I don’t know how is good this plugin :confused:
It seems very interesting, but my concern is how is this plugin good for performance and good practice in godot.
if I understand it uses only one main scene where it adds a new scene and deletes an old one. Is this pattern good? is it recommended approach and why?

what is the difference between this approach and get_tree().change_scene_to_file(…) ?

I recommend adding it to your project, seeing how it impacts your actual performance, and evaluating whether that is something you are okay with.

zhyrin | 2023-06-30 06:48

:bust_in_silhouette: Reply From: matheusmdx

1° Probably this don’t have any significant impact, the shader effect doesn’t seem anything heavy to compute.

2° Have a main scene that add and remove scenes is common and the most simple approach for it, nothing wrong here.

3° The difference is get_tree().change_scene_to_file() will freeze your game until godot load the new scene and add in the tree, with this you won’t have any transition, just go to scene a to scene b, if the new scene is small will be a instant transition, but if the new scene is heavy your game will freeze and become unresponsive until godot load the new scene and that can be undesired.