glTF missing triangles in the scene, even though it looks fine when importing Godot 4

:information_source: Attention Topic was automatically imported from the old Question2Answer platform.
:bust_in_silhouette: Asked By rossunger

I’m having an issue with my glTF import… it looks fine when importing, but when I bring it into my scene, there’s many triangles missing and something’s really off.

Any ideas what it might be? or how to troubleshoot? I’ve tried reimporting with various settings, and restarting godot.

It’s a skeletal mesh exported from blender, and has some animation. The animations play fine in the editor and at runtime, but there’s lots of missing triangles that don’t make any sense… it’s not like when there’s backface culling issues with normals facing the wrong way.

Here’s an image of the issue:
Image link

I can only spot missing glasses. Weren’t they separate object ?

Inces | 2022-02-15 13:25

Low quality image…sorry…
There’s also triangles missing all over the body…in the chest, the hands, the legs.
And the glasses aren’t a separate object in this case…it’s all one gemoetry and I’m pretty sure there’s no intersecting faces or anything like that… It’s just one continuous mesh…all the faces are connected

rossunger | 2022-02-15 13:28

And it shows up fine in the importer… It’s only when I bring it into a scene that the issue appears, both in editor and at runtime

rossunger | 2022-02-15 13:30