Godot Games Stuttering

Godot Version

4, issue persists across versions though

Question

I have been playing games that are made with godot for a while now, and dabbled in using it to make my own games. Strangely the other day I suddenly started having stuttering/micro-freezing happen on every single godot game I play. No matter if it godot 3, or the most recent versions of godot 4 it still stutters. But I have no issues on any games that don’t use godot.

The only thing that time wise seems like a trigger to me was me downloading citra emulator and also fiddling with a few NVIDIA settings. Both of these things seem unrelated but I mine as well mention them. I ran a full computer anti virus scan with windows security and it found no issues. Also I don’t have this issue on any other computers.

My computer runs on Windows 10. My graphics card is NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti, and I have updated my graphics driver as of yesterday. My Processor is AMD Ryzen 5 2600.

If anyone has any ideas on how I can fix this or any ideas on steps to fix it, it would be greatly appreciated if you tried to help me. If you have any questions I am happy to answer. Thanks!

I’m pretty sure this could be something with the changes you made to the Nvidia settings. Maybe try changing them back to what worked?

I have tried tweaking with all the settings I’ve changed to what I started with and others options, but I have had nothing fix this.