Godot is crashing my graphics card on start, but used to run before upgrading

:information_source: Attention Topic was automatically imported from the old Question2Answer platform.
:bust_in_silhouette: Asked By Springwater

I know others have asked it, but it seems like, getting personal help is the best route. Because everyones setups are different. This is likely due to my graphics card and driver I imagine. Maybe bios settings. When it crashes I get a “no vram object for pcie gart” error. Also radeon failed to bind 1 page. I have a Radeon 6480g card… But I’m thinking there may be people who know how to tweak a setting to get Godot to run. it used to run on this computer I think, before I upgraded to Bionic beaver. I think the error messages really should read, you are being limited by radeon and microsoft, because they hate you trying to use linux and want you to buy new hardware again. (but i don’t have the money, too much volunteer work and bad luck) But if anyone can help, that’d be great. Also, be it known, I’m in Taiwan, so I’m off to bed, if my replies are not synced up thats why, please bear with me.

:bust_in_silhouette: Reply From: Springwater

Can someone tell me where in the code I might make adjustments, such as using a different open gl version? Because I also tried to build it and it crashed after it built successfully.

You could try and start godot in GLES2 mode. Depending on the requirements of your project.

You get help on godots command line parameters by executing godot --help.

Starting godot with GLES2 should work with godot --video-driver GLES2

But I have no experience regarding godot and ubuntu. (Took me actually a while what you were trying to tell us with “bionic beaver”. I first thought you upgraded from one “unknown version” of godot to another “unknown version” of godot).

Which version of godot are you using?

wombatstampede | 2019-05-05 11:50