Godot Not importing new assets

:information_source: Attention Topic was automatically imported from the old Question2Answer platform.
:bust_in_silhouette: Asked By LotusOrb

Before assets would import as soon as a new folder or file was put into the project folder. This all started when I tried reimporting a new file and the only file kept showing up no matter what i did to try and replace. Completely stuck right now. Im pretty sure this is a bug.

Does the problem persist after restarting Godot? If so, what about after a system reboot? Also, do you only see the problem in one, specific project, or any/all projects? What about a brand new project - does it happen there?

jgodfrey | 2020-11-20 23:06

:bust_in_silhouette: Reply From: LotusOrb

yes, i’m not sure what exactly happened. but it seems some file in the project is causing it to not take on new assets. The new project takes new assets until the old files are put in the new project. It seems its just some kinda bug and unfortunately I dont see any way to fix this then port over every single file intoa new project. Aka just start all over kinda. Too much for me. hope there is a solution.

Managed to fix this problem by deleting the file causing the problem in .import folder

LotusOrb | 2020-12-02 09:32