Help with creating an escape the room style point-and-click game

:information_source: Attention Topic was automatically imported from the old Question2Answer platform.
:bust_in_silhouette: Asked By motiontrack

Hi all,

I’m very new to Godot and am looking at making a “simple” first-person, escape the room type of game similar to the HTML5 type games you would find on NewGrounds or https://www.365escape.com.

I’m struggling to figure out the proper code to use to create the click functions to activate text, move to another screen, and inventory pick up.

Most boards mention using Area2D>Spirte>CollisionObject 2D to create the clickable areas and objects. But beyond that, I don’t know what other code I can use.

Any help and guidance wold be greatly appreciated. Thanks all!

:bust_in_silhouette: Reply From: phiz

Read/watch some more tutorials :slight_smile: The simplest way to detect user input at specific parts of the screen is to add an Area2D node with one (or more!) CollisionShape2D or CollisionPolygon2D child nodes specifying the interactable area. Then that Area2D can generate input_event or mouse_entered|exited signals when the player interacts with them, and you connect these signals to a function in your script to implement the gameplay.