How can I change ovelaps when project is running?

:information_source: Attention Topic was automatically imported from the old Question2Answer platform.
:bust_in_silhouette: Asked By KripC2160

I am trying to create a game point keeper using Godot and I have implemented the tab similar to how chrome works. Then I realized because of how I layed out layers, some layers cannot be seen if the previous layer is on top (or bottom?) of the layer. Is there a way to code and change the layer when you’re running the project?

I am not sure I understand your situation completely but maybe it would help you to understand the way Godot draws GUI elements. Generally the last child will be drawn on top.

Ram | 2020-05-24 11:59

:bust_in_silhouette: Reply From: njamster

I am trying to create a game point keeper

What do you mean by “game point keeper”? Something to save the players progress? A highscore functionality? A simple counter assisting e.g. board game players?

I have implemented the tab similar to how chrome works

A tab? Like in “browser tab”, thus similar to chrome? Why just “similar”? Where’s the difference? If you implemented something on your own, it certainly would help if you would share that implementation here. Also note that Godot already comes with two tab-implementations: Tabs and TabContainer.

because of how I layed out layers, some layers cannot be seen if the previous layer is on top (or bottom?) of the layer.

What do you mean by layer? A CanvasLayer? It has a layer-property that’s pretty straight-forward: the higher the number, the later the layer is drawn. Otherwise the tree hierarchy determines what is drawn when: the further down in the tree a node is, the later it will be drawn. For anything that is a Node2D or derived from it, there also is a z_index-property to re-order things, no need for a CanvasLayer there.