How do I use the new GDNative Videodecoder in 3.1?

:information_source: Attention Topic was automatically imported from the old Question2Answer platform.
:bust_in_silhouette: Asked By Tak

I noticed that the option for the GDNative video decoder has been added to the VideoPlayer node since 3.1 beta 3. As far as I understand, I need KidRigger’s GDNative ffmpeg plugin to use it. Is there a binary version of it available anywhere?

Godot’s built-in Webm playback keeps freezing with high framerate HD video for me, so I’ve been stuck with Theora and can’t wait to replace it with VP9. Any help would be highly appreciated.

I also would love to be able to use the GDNative video decoder due to the ogv format colorspace displaying incorrectly and webm not operating properly.

I’m on windows and trying to follow the compiling directions for windows gets me stuck at points 3 and 4. Switching ffmpeg branch and configure command is just Greek to me.

Any help to get this going would be greatly appreciated. A compiled binary for windows by someone who actually has some idea of what they are doing would be even better.

NumberTenOx | 2019-03-14 04:19