How many verts are acceptable for models

Godot Version

Question

This is a bit of a silly question, but I am trying to get a sense of how many verts are acceptable for models, as a modelling beginner I have no clue.

Random Sketchfab example: Borchia V8 - fictional grand tourer sports car - 3D model by ollitei [251c700] - Sketchfab

Say I isolate this car in Blender and import it into Godot, and that results in 80k vertices per car. Would that be a lot for a car model? What if I used them in a car park with 30 instances of them? Does Godot have functionality to decimate models at runtime when they are far away from the camera?

Sometimes (often) when I fetch random models from the internet they might have >100k vertices for seemingly simple objects. i.e: they are not game-optimized. Usually I use Blender to reduce that count a bit, to a certain extend, but even then I don’t know what to aim for, or what my performance limits are in terms of Godot, or what is reasonable.

Bonus question: Same story for textures; Should my diffuse texture(s) for e.g ground be 1024x1024 or 2048x2048. What do people generally use?