How to remove a folder named "Aux" that I just created in my project?

:information_source: Attention Topic was automatically imported from the old Question2Answer platform.
:bust_in_silhouette: Asked By BigTuna675

Hi everyone, I created a sub-folder within my project and named it “Aux”. Godot acted strangely and ended up creating another copy of the entire project within the folder. So I panicked and tried to delete the folder, but I am not able to do so.

After looking around online I see that “Aux” is a reserved folder name Document the unavailable folder names, when creating new project. · Issue #38540 · godotengine/godot · GitHub
for not just Godot but for windows in general.

Now I’m unable to delete the entire project folder because it contains a folder named “Aux” within it. This is a small project that I just started today, so all I am really looking for is a way to delete the entire project and start over at this point. I tried deleting it via the command line as well but had no luck. Thanks for any help

:bust_in_silhouette: Reply From: BigTuna675

“I” figured it out! I had to download Git-Bash, run it as admin, navigate to my project, and delete it from there.

Bash Commands to Manage Directories and Files | Earth Data Science - Earth Lab).

^were instrumental in figuring this out, incase anyone in the future has a similar problem. And the TLDR is, once you are in the directory of your project, the git-bash command is “rm -r ”