How to sync project among multiple developers?

:information_source: Attention Topic was automatically imported from the old Question2Answer platform.
:bust_in_silhouette: Asked By Moldor2

Hey all,
I was wondering what would be the best way to sync my Godot project (folder) among multiple people so we can all work on updated copies of the project? I was hoping there would be a way similar to Onedrive where I wouldn’t have to redownload the project everytime? For reasons, Onedrive isn’t gonna work for us. Any ways you know of a free way to do this?

:bust_in_silhouette: Reply From: jgodfrey

Your best bet would be GitHub.

Not only does that give you the ability to share your project among multiple contributors, but it provides you with a cloud backup of your code, and the ability to easily shift between various stages/states of your code base.

There will be a bit of a learning curve, but it’s definitely the standard for doing collaborative development work and is well worth your time to understand.

Do you know of any beginner tutorials or documentation that I could use to figure it out?

Moldor2 | 2020-11-11 18:29

There is a lot of info available on GitHub all over the internet. If you like video tutorials, search YouTube for “github godot”. That’ll turn up quite a few Godot oriented GitHub tutorials.

jgodfrey | 2020-11-11 18:41

Additionally, to be clear, there is nothing Godot specific about GitHub. So, really any tutorial you find that works for your style of learning is relevant.

jgodfrey | 2020-11-11 20:50