I'm new to Godot and have no idea what to do

Godot Version

Question

Hi i just downloaded Godot, i have zero experience in any sort of coding and the whatnot, but my new years resolution was to make my own game. I would greatly appreciate it if someone could give me tips, links to yt tutorials or anything that may help. I’m planning on learning C# for my game, i know its hard but i really wanted to challenge myself.

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

If you are looking for a long and detailed tutorial for complete beginners, you can try this one. :sunglasses: It’s not in C#, though. But GDScript is very easy to learn.

1 Like

If you are a complete beginner I recommend starting with something very simple like try to clone Pong in Godot. Here is a tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kr1BoEbuveI

1 Like

Thankyou, I know this sounds kinda stupid, but the game i’m planning on making is something similar to stardew valley (just like a farming sim in general), would you say that requires a more complicated language such as C# or could I skate by with GDScript?

Good to have you! I just started my self not long ago. I can really recommend taking a look at the official Godot guide: Your first 2D game — Godot Engine (stable) documentation in English

It’s for the 2D game, but there is one for 3D as well.

Good luck!

1 Like