|Topic was automatically imported from the old Question2Answer platform.
I should have created another parent scene, and now need one. I cannot recreate all my children scenes (with a different instanced scene parent) as there are too many and they are too customized.
I have changed the script parents around but would like to change the scene parent as well
I’ve not found a better way to do this, but as a work around you can make a new scene with just the new root node, and then right click on it and click ‘Merge From Scene’, then browse to the old scene and import it under your new root. Then you can re arrange them however you need.
- Make new scene
- Merge old parent into new scene
Not sure I’m following
jarlowrey | 2018-04-12 17:28
- make new scene
- male a node from scratch (the one you want to be your new scene root)
- merge the old scene under this node
4 re organize your new scene to be how you want it to be.
The reason you need to do all of this is because AFAIK you can’t change which node is the root of your scene. You can change the type of it, but then you will loose any settings on it.
zdimaria | 2018-04-12 18:16
You can change the parent, but I think you’ll lose the settings on it.
- Right click the
.tscn file in the left Panel
- There should be a pop up with 2 options. One option should have the ‘parent’ icon, it kind of looks like the movie clicker things that designate a new scene. Click the folder on the far right to load a new parent
- Close and reopen the child scene