Lengthy list of load errors .

:information_source: Attention Topic was automatically imported from the old Question2Answer platform.
:bust_in_silhouette: Asked By Syl

Greets!

Here’s the load errors list I got every time I’m loadin a scene:

And I’m runin but one instance of godot. What’s wrong please?

are you using anti-virus program?

volzhs | 2018-03-09 18:04

Yes, avast. Blockin?

Syl | 2018-03-09 18:47

:bust_in_silhouette: Reply From: Zylann

It was strongly guessed that antivirus programs would be the cause of this. Full story here: Godot is randomly unable to write to config files and file cache · Issue #14339 · godotengine/godot · GitHub

Godot saves your settings in several steps to avoid file corruption, however that causes antiviruses to lock the file unexpectedly, hence the error messages.
In particular, the part of your antivirus that monitors all filesystem operations on your computer would be the culprit.

Two ways known to get rid of the issue:

• Not use an antivirus that causes this (the built-in Windows antivirus doesn’t seem to have this issue), or disable filesystem monitoring
  • Disable safe save in the editor settings: EditorSettings --> Filesystem --> On Save --> Safe save on backup then rename

A third way would be to investigate the problem yourself if you believe the engine has a bug :stuck_out_tongue:

That’s a all good advice, but my project seems to run smoothly anyway eh.
Thxs a lot! :slight_smile:

EDIT: Ok, had to remove the ‘safe save on backup then rename’ in the editor setup.

Syl | 2018-03-09 23:11