libzstd issue

:information_source: Attention Topic was automatically imported from the old Question2Answer platform.
:bust_in_silhouette: Asked By morfeo

[error Godot][1] I have an error trying to open the Godot_v4.0.3-stable_win64 exe file for installing the enginethis is the error im getting, it says: the ejecution of the code  cannot continue because there is no libzstd.dll. This issue can be solved reinstalling the program, this error is on the installer that i download from the official page of Godot Engine

That’s very strange. On Windows, the Godot executable should not need any dependency, it is self-contained. Perhaps you could ask the devs on Godot Contributors Chat or open an issue on GitHub - godotengine/godot: Godot Engine – Multi-platform 2D and 3D game engine
I use 4.0.3 on Windows too and I don’t have this problem. Something might be different on your computer.
Note: there is no installer. The executable you get from godotengine.org IS the engine.

Zylann | 2023-07-06 13:13

thanks for the reply, the 3.5.3 version works fine, at least what i have tested in the engine, the 4.0.3 version needs a dll, i test it with a dll from another software but godot 4.0.3 not executing, dll error was fix but engine not starts with that dll, i dont know if theres library that my windows 10 needs, i will try to ask to devs what my os needs to make it run.

morfeo | 2023-07-09 08:03