Lost my entire project when I click onto Godot it says I have no current project. Don't know what happened!!

:information_source: Attention Topic was automatically imported from the old Question2Answer platform.
:bust_in_silhouette: Asked By Juan

Could someone help recently logged into my Godot project and all my projects were gone. It has a different log file to the original one I was using, and also my first log file had an error, but I didn’t fix it. Could I recover my project?

:bust_in_silhouette: Reply From: jgodfrey

So, you just can’t see your project from the Godot Project Manager app? Do you still see the files on disk? Assuming yes, maybe you just need to point the Project Manager app at the folder (or parent folder) where the project is located? To do that, hit the Scan button, set the Path (or navigate) to the parent of the folder where your project is located, and press “Select Current Folder”.

That’ll cause the Project Manager to scan the selected folder hierarchy looking for valid Godot projects. Assuming your project is there and valid, it should show back up in the list of projects.

If that doesn’t work, you could try to navigate to the folder where your project is located, select the project.godot file, right-click, Open With, and then navigate to and select your godot.exe (assuming you’re on Windows). That should also open your project, assuming it’s valid and intact.

Thank you for your advice, I found it in the end, phew!! I had to scan my desktop files to find it, but just saved my whole university project. This is my end of year project if I mess it up I won’t be graded, so thanks again!!

Juan | 2022-02-09 14:43