Move Node to Another Scene (no script, no instantiating)

Godot 4.2.2 mono

I created a scene with an AnimationPlayer and AnimationTree. The idea was that it would establish the base animations, and I could instantiate this into several different sprite scenes (hero, enemy, boss, etc.) and adjust as needed. But when I instantiate AnimationPlayer in the different sprite scenes, even with Editable Children it doesn’t give me all the control I need (e.g., adding a keyframe track for hitboxes, etc.). Even “Make Local” doesn’t give me that control. It’s as if the AnimationPlayer is completely locked down, and there’s nothing I can do about it.

So, assuming that there isn’t a way to make this work the way I intended, I figured I’d just give up and move the nodes from the animation scene into each individual sprite scene. But I can’t figure out how to do that. If I copy and paste it, Godot simply creates a new instance, which brings me right back to my original problem.

Is there a way to instantiate the scene to act as if it is native to the scene I instantiate it in? Barring that, is there a way to move my work into a new scene? This is a decent amount of work that I would prefer not to have to redo. (I’m assuming that I could at least accomplish this by modifying the scenes in a text editor? I’d prefer an easier method, but I can do that if it’s the only way.)

Please help.

That’s several excellent questions!

Is each item it’s own scene? If not you can use the save branch as scene to do that.

I’ve always created a level scene to use as a canvas, even if it’s empty.

• I had to completely redo the file structrure on one of my larger projects which broke a lot of the code. But it was worth it.