NSFW Subcategory in Showcase

Not sure if anyone wants to ‘go there’, but figured I would put the idea out here anyway.

I’m unsure of the legal implications of this. We would need some kind of age verification probably, and some legal document outlining the specifics.

I honestly think this is out of scope (at least for now). There is a NSFW channel on discord though for people wanting to discuss their work in this area. We can offer it there since in that case discord is the company liable for the channel, not us.

7 Likes

That’s actually a very interesting question. For example, in my tutorial there are these pictures

Nude game models, no detailing of sexual features (yet). Do they need the #NSFW tag?

In my opinion this falls under educational material and should not be a problem.

Depending on how explicit the material is, you can use this option to create a blurred spoiler:

That way users can decide if they want to see it. This being said, your example image is perfectly fine. It does not contain any explicit graphics so it should be perfectly fine.

3 Likes

There are other sites which use a #nsfw tag to blur images for unregistered user in general and registered user can choose this on their profile… (i think it’s an plugin but i’m not sure…).

1 Like

Considering how many NSFW Godot projects that exists (just take a quick look at Newgrounds), it would be nice to have a NSFW category.

The problem is where to draw the line. If NSFW is allowed, what kind of content is allowed*? The moderation effort would be huge compared to just having a blanket ban on NSFW content.

I think only allowing non-sexual, clearly adult, nudity†, as long as it’s in a spoiler would be a nice rule to have.

*I don’t want to mention the categories here, I’ll leave that up to the reader’s imagination.

†Such as the nude players in the game Rust, or a tutorial on how to create a anatomically correct character model.

2 Likes

Everything that can be considered educational seems fine to me. So nude character models (with an appropriate spoiler and content description) should be fine. But everything else seems to be a bit problematic from a legal perspective.

To be clear, I think some of the (international) laws about this are absolute bullshit. I think it would be good to have more open conversations about various explicit topics, and more education in this area instead of “just don’t talk about it” approach. But I don’t think we can do that here in an easy way.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.