Physics based sliding when certain statements come back as true

Godot Version

Question

Hello. For the last several days I’ve been trying to figure out how to have physics be the centre for movement when certain statements come back as true. In particular, sliding logic in the style of Apex Legends.
I’ve gotten some semi-alright source engine (style) movement in my project, crouching, and for the most part it’s alright. The issue that I’m facing is that no matter what statements come back as true, and whatever parameters are called, the crouching will not go into a state of ‘sliding’ – basically free-form sliding.

Furthermore, I can’t - for the life of me - figure out how to even return an appropiate value. For instance:

const CROUCH_MULTIPLIER = 0.66
const SLIDE_MULTIPLIER =

The value for the slide multiplier would have to take into a single variables, of which I propose could be an overall velocity - but this has been no luck. Secondly, I’ve spend (way to much time) on trying to figure out how the current speed/velocity would affect the multiplier. The majority of this time I’ve spent with both variables as one, but one to many crashes has caused me to reevaluate why I’m doing this. Anyways, help greatly appreciated : (As for additional reference, I’ve used godot/gds once in the past, but haven’t touched it for a long time)

You’re gonna have to post your actual code that handles the movement and some details on how your scenes are set up if you want anyone to be able to help with this.

Fair. I’ve broken the base movement in how awful the organization was so many times I just decided to not go so ambitious and do some 2d stuff first. Will keep that in mind - to post the code - for next time