Player suddenly stops sliding on

Godot Version

v4.2.1.stable.official [b09f793f5]

Question

I want my player to keep sliding down, but when player reaches more straight ground, he suddenly stops. I have no idea how to program it so that he would keep going, but the speed will slow down every time. Any ideas?

Code

SPEED_MULTIPLY is 1.0 most of the time, so count it like that, speed could be either 3.0, 5.0 or 8.0, but because we’re crouching to slide, it is 3.0

# Get the input direction and handle the movement/deceleration.
	var input_dir = Input.get_vector("left", "right", "forward", "backward")
	var direction = (head.transform.basis * Vector3(input_dir.x, 0, input_dir.y)).normalized()
	if is_on_floor():
		if SPEED_MULTIPLY > 1.0: SPEED_MULTIPLY -= 0.05
		if SPEED_MULTIPLY < 1.0: SPEED_MULTIPLY += 0.005
		if direction:
			velocity.x = direction.x * speed * SPEED_MULTIPLY
			velocity.z = direction.z * speed * SPEED_MULTIPLY
		else:
			velocity.x = lerp(velocity.x, direction.x * speed * SPEED_MULTIPLY, delta * 7.0)
			velocity.z = lerp(velocity.z, direction.z * speed * SPEED_MULTIPLY, delta * 7.0)

else:
		velocity.x = lerp(velocity.x, direction.x * speed * SPEED_MULTIPLY, delta * 3.0)
		velocity.z = lerp(velocity.z, direction.z * speed * SPEED_MULTIPLY, delta * 3.0)
	move_and_slide()

I’m no pro but the first thing that comes to mind is adding:

const MAX_SLOPE_ANGLE : int = yourintegerhere

and something like:

vel = move_and_slide(vel,Vector3(0,1,0), 0.05, 4, deg2rad(MAX_SLOPE_ANGLE))

sadly I’m not sure of how to integrate it into your current setup offhand.
hope somebody else can be more helpful.

set_wall_min_slide_angle ( float value )

Found out the problem - the code was changing the min slide angle to 50 degrees. :man_facepalming:

Note for beginners: Don’t forget to check your code FULLY, even if you’re sure this isn’t the problem, even if it’s a spaghetti code :wink:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.