programmer team needed

:information_source: Attention Topic was automatically imported from the old Question2Answer platform.
:bust_in_silhouette: Asked By finntosnl

greetings everyone i am planning an sort off (ori and the blind forrest) video game creation
however im only good at creating story lines and overworld creation my question is if there are any people that want to help with (programming-soundtracks-artwork-3dmodelling) btw its a game suposed to be for ps4 or pc so help me please and all help needs to be free i have a very low budget

Is this your first project?

whiteshampoo | 2020-06-09 07:25

Yes it is why?

finntosnl | 2020-06-09 12:35

I don’t mean any harm, but this are my experience and opinion:

You have no chance of making a game with not experience AND no money. Especially on PS4.
You also won’t find any experienced (good) programmers and artist (unless you are incredibly lucky), if you have no prototype, or somthing to show your idea.
You may find some other beginners, and you will fail togehter pretty hard. (Thats nothing bad, because somewhere the experience has to come…)

My Advice:

Learn the very basics of Godot (or whatever you want to use), and put a very simple demo together that will show the machanics of your game/idea. It does not need to be pretty or bugfree.
Then show your game, and ask again if someone wants to join your team.

If you want to Indie-Dev, you need learn everything a little bit, OR you already have some artists, who will help you.

As i said, thats just my opinion/experience, but i think many will agree.

If you have any problems/questionswith making your prototype, we will happily help wherever we can! :slight_smile:

EDIT:
PS.: I failed the same way when i started making games :slight_smile:

whiteshampoo | 2020-06-09 13:04

thanks for your advice il try learning some gdscript and artwork making

finntosnl | 2020-06-09 17:23

Hey @whiteshampoo,

What if you have a working prototype (in Unity) and some funding? Where would I even start?

EzMeTaL | 2021-02-17 06:37

:bust_in_silhouette: Reply From: finntosnl

Yes it is why?