removing Input.set_mouse_mode(Input.MOUSE_MODE_CAPTURED) causes extreme Stutter/Jitter

:information_source: Attention Topic was automatically imported from the old Question2Answer platform.
:bust_in_silhouette: Asked By Nickyroo

I have a game which requires your Cursor to be visible, along with Movement Scenario’s while your cursor is visible (for Selecting Characters and stuff)

I have tested on multiple different Projects, and I have noticed that having Input.set_mouse_mode(Input.MOUSE_MODE_CAPTURED) as a line in the Scripts, will have your game run normally as supposed to, (smooth with no Stutter/Jitter Issues)

But as soon you remove that line and have your Cursor Visible, all hell breaks loose

I tried alternatives like hiding the mouse and such, but to no avail, Does anyone know what is causing this Issue and how to fix it?

My Assumptions would be perhaps its something to do with the Selected Window?

I Appreciate any and all help, thanks!

(also The Issue is not the Script, I tried with just a simple camera in a simple scene, and it Jitters to Mouse Inputs)

I haven ot seen this with 4.03 or 4.1 so far. Any chance you could share a project that recreates this? If you did, I could look into it.

tuon | 2023-07-07 23:26

how could I share a recreated Project?

Nickyroo | 2023-07-08 01:09

the way to recreate this issue, is have any kind of project, and add and remove that line of code, If you send inputs from your mouse, The running instance will have a jitter/Stutter if that line of Code does not exist, even if there is no character movement or camera rotation

Nickyroo | 2023-07-08 01:18