Set position of app window when Running

:information_source: Attention Topic was automatically imported from the old Question2Answer platform.
:bust_in_silhouette: Asked By ondesic

Whenever I run my app, the screen automatically appears half off the screen for some reason. I have to manually drag it ever time to the center of the screen. Is there a setting to fix this?

I get the same behaviour with 3.4.4.

Opening the Editor settings I see

Rect: Centered
Rect Custom Position:
x: 0
y: 0
Screen: Same as editor

Window ends up on the correct right monitor, but only half of it can be seen.
It is as if it is centered on the right display border…

This feels like a bug.

RogerL | 2022-07-16 23:04

:bust_in_silhouette: Reply From: Ertain

Yes, you can change this. Go into “Editor Settings”, then go to the “Run” treeview and click on “Window Placement”. From there, click on the “Rect” dropdown to set the placement of the window when you run it from the editor.

Thank you. I would have never looked there. I was looking in the project settings

ondesic | 2018-03-24 05:44

Would you have a hint as to placing a window of a launched compiled app?
I am creating apps for multi-monitor use and have not found way to default a non-full screen window to specific x,y space on desktop. (my case is predominately windows app.)

Currently am using an “auto-it script” to launch application at a specific point, defiantely not ideal situation.

Using Godot MONO for C# functionality.

Thanks

Kio | 2019-01-16 20:41

I don’t fully understand. So you want the game to start on a specific monitor?

Ertain | 2019-01-19 15:36

@ondesic thank god for your comment, I was desperately searching in Project settings, having misread “Editor settings”. Weird choice from the Godot team!

jeancallisti | 2022-05-30 10:04

@Ertain Well it makes perfect sense : If you’re going to be able to choose the startup position of a window, it should not only include its coordinates on one screen, but which screen too! Otherwise the whole thing becomes useless on dual monitors – as you can’t predict the screen and they might have different properties : size, resolution, ratio, etc.

jeancallisti | 2022-05-30 10:07

Thank you so much,that really helped

Runzelheimer | 2022-08-22 02:33

1 Like