Slicing animation leads to one of the slices slowing down half-way through

Godot Version

Question

I found a CC0 walking animation that I wanted to use for a character animation demo (not in a full game). Note: It’s from 2010, so that might contribute to the bugs.

When I imported it into Godot, I wanted to make two slices; one which would start from the idle standing pose, and the other which would loop through continuous motion. Upon doing this, the slices default to strange lengths; the original animation is 1.25 seconds long; the first slice (frame 0-20) is 0.667 seconds long and the second slice is 2.00 seconds long (frame 20-80). The second slice in particular looks strange; it slows down about halfway through the animation.

The following video shows the original animation, and then switches to the second slice of the same animation in which the first two steps look normal but the rest of the loop looks slowed down.

Does anyone know why this might be happening, or if there is a way to fix it?

(PS. I was able to mostly fix it by setting the duration of the second slice to 1 second, but it looks like it has a bit of a limp still. Since it’s not a perfect fix, I wanted to try to address the root of the problem instead. )

Thank you for your time! :slight_smile: