Something I wish they would quit doing

:information_source: Attention Topic was automatically imported from the old Question2Answer platform.
:bust_in_silhouette: Asked By En929

This is just a suggestion and opinion and it’s something that I wish would stop happening (no offense). But, I have used Godot 3D version 2.1, and then Godot 3D version 3.0 and I am now using Godot 3D version 3.1. But, with each new version of Godot, I found that some of the functions that worked in previous Godot versions don’t work in newer versions. For example, “get_rotation” and “set_rotation” don’t work the same way from Godot versions 3.0 to 3.1 and it took me a loooong time to find out the equivalent of the above functions in order to get my game to run in the way that it originally did. Thus, I wish that with future versions of Godot, some of the old functions that worked in previous Godot versions would still work in newer versions so that my game would run in the way that it previously did. Thus, this, is just my suggestion and opinion. I waisted lots of time trying to restore my game in the way it was because of the changes.

This is expected for major versions like 2.x → 3.x, but minor versions should be forward compatible. I’m curious what you found about set_rotation which made your game break, that could be a bug Oo (remember 3.1 is still in beta)

Zylann | 2019-01-22 13:44