Spirita Battler: A Creature Battler!

Hello everyone and welcome!

I’m Daniel, an indie dev learning Godot and programming for the first time and working on a multiplayer creature battler called Spirita Battler.

What is the game?

Spirita Battler is similar to Pokemon Stadium. A player assembles a team composed of creatures who have a set of skills and an ability and queue for a match against other real world players!

Skills are the equivalent to pokemon moves, however creatures can only equip those moves depending on their element, or “type” if you will.

Their abilities are unique to each creature and become stronger when evolving; which they do in every fight at your discretion!

Why?

I like multiplayer games which are competitive and not team based. So, uh, kind of like chess or card games! I additionally like games that have a strategic element, focus more around skill than reactions and allow you to create your own strategies.

That is what I am aiming to create with this game!

What do you have so far and what comes next?

Right now all base mechanics of the game are working. Turns, actions, creature switching, creature evolving, abilities, skills, team building and more! Including networking over Steam P2P.

I’m currently working on UI/UX followed by some basic animations for starting the game and ending it. Small things that when they come together give the game a lot of flavour. I have just over 13 items left to complete the pre-alpha.

After which I will work on finishing the alpha, improving the steam page + trailer and handing out keys so players can test and provide feedback. The current timeline for this is Pre-Alpha end of January and Alpha end of March.

I am excited to create a game players enjoy!

I’m happy to answer any questions or comments :smile:

Thank you for your time.

Wishlist now!

:fist_right: Spirita Battler on Steam :fist_left:

In case you want a closer look and want to chat with the devs, join our discord! :star2: :star2: :star2:

(it’s just me though lol)

9 Likes

I can only put one embedded media item in a post since I’m a new user, but this is how my remaining list of tasks is looking like:

Vague at a glance and for those who are not familiar to the project I know :sweat_smile:

1 Like

First day of progress:

1 Like

Nice Logo! :smiley:

I’m working on setting up filters for building teams!

Looking better and better!

Adding a creture and skill preview during battles. It allows you to see creature stat for yours and the enemy’s team!

IYE8IyE

New video uploaded!

Please let me know how I can improve: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYqXnjWqaD4

Thank you!

Godot_v4.2.1-stable_win64_NQZO3UQ4KQ

New look for the title screen!

This allows me to concentrate on the mechanics and clearly communicate that this game is currently in development. I hope the placeholders clearly communicate it. :sweat_smile:

I’ve uploaded a video to try and explain what Spirita battler is:

Tibo is helping me with some cool models, check it!

https://twitter.com/heytibo/status/1742165860263809125

Gouluwind are nocturnal insectivorous bird known for its wide mouth, it can blow powerful gusts of wind when threatened, repelling potential enemies. Furtive by nature, Gouluwind tends to hide in its environment.

Happy to hear you like it!

I don’t have the capacity to take you on but I’m flattered you are interested.

You can follow the project and my journey closely as I learn!

I’m trying to make it to march with a demo.

Yo, anything that Tibo does is just amazing, I’m already invested in your project :star_struck:

1 Like

Thank you!

Here are some more progress gifs from today:

Godot_v4.2.1-stable_win64_EbjoSf99KS
Godot_v4.2.1-stable_win64_fHk2h6vJKH

1 Like