Sprites in viewport render either jagged or blurry relative to same sprite outside viewport

Godot Version

v4.2.stable.mono.official [46dc27791]

Question

Having an issue with viewports: scaled down sprites i put in a fullscreen viewport either render jaggedy or blurry, compared to the same scaled-down sprite outside fo the viewport. In this image, I’ve got a 1920x1080 subviewport, which renders as a 1920x1080 sprite. In this screen shot you can see how the three different sprites render. All 3 are scaled by the same factor, about 0.14 (512x512px source texture → 72x72px)

What am I doing wrong here? This didn’t used to happen in Godot 3.5. It just came up when I ported my project.

EDIT: You need to open the image in a separate tab to see clearly the differences; scaled down to the forum, you can’t see what I’m describing.

Not sure if anything on this page will be helpful, but just in case… Multiple resolutions — Godot Engine (stable) documentation in English

Appreciate the help, but the problem seemingly is in the Subviewport itself, not in the ViewportTexture sprite, nor the window. (Nothing I could glean from your link helped… but I appreciate it)