The project is crashing

Godot Version 4.2.1 Mono

Question

At startup the project may crash after some time, in Output and Debugger nothing is displayed after the crash, also in Debugger → Monitors I didn’t notice anything strange. I don’t know what to add more to the question.

The first clue appeared, the first error was displayed after 10 crashes.

Hmm, got any related code that you added to your game?

I have a relatively large amount of code about physics. Arrows and enemies. However, this was not the case in past versions. Googling about the bug, I found someone with a similar problem on github: 2D project crashes with separate thread physics and object pooling · Issue #74182 · godotengine/godot · GitHub. After reading the post I remembered that when I was trying to optimize the game, I enabled collision handling in a separate thread in Project Settings → Physics → 2D - > “Run on separate thread”. After turning the setting back off (it’s off by default) and testing the game for 4 minutes, it didn’t crash (before it crashed from 30 seconds to 90 seconds of the game session).
So, for now, the solution to this problem is to disable the separate physics thread.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.