This object is ready-only

:information_source: Attention Topic was automatically imported from the old Question2Answer platform.
:bust_in_silhouette: Asked By purple_mage

i got an error ! This resource belongs to a scene that was imported so its not editable
why o_o

i cant do anything on the object its said that it is read only ! i did export like usualy …

whoa whoa ! my main scene got corrupt !!! is it my files … or just the scene that had problem with dependency …

There is a big red X at the left of my news objects in the res:// list. Why does it happen

error hosted at ImgBB — ImgBB image of the screen.

i can do make unique on the “mesh” that allow me to play with the material and put shader but im affraid that everything will break on the save file

When you open the .glb, godot creates an inherited scene - all the models here are referencing the original .glb so are read-only (as if a developer had created scene that inherits from another; godot won’t allow you to change the original nodes). A developer would typically save this as a new scene and continue working (assuming the models and materials are working, the latter are typically additional resources and can be modified outside of the scene).

This may not be desired and instead, the developer can copy nodes from the .glb scene (the one that’s read-only) into a new scene and do whatever they like to the models (give or take),

spaceyjase | 2023-04-04 15:28

Ok so i can continue with these “assets” ? And why does my main scene on my last save did got corrupted ? Is it because my trees corrupted the scene ?

The engine is solid. but when there is a bug i waste so many time trying to understand why ! Anyway thanks

purple_mage | 2023-04-04 15:42