Unable to Initialise GodotPlayGamesServices

:information_source: Attention Topic was automatically imported from the old Question2Answer platform.
:bust_in_silhouette: Asked By Hamster at Dawn

I am using the GodotPlayGamesServices plugin to enable Google Play Games Services for my game on Android. I have followed all the steps outlined on the documentation and checked everything multiple times but it just isn’t working.

When I try to sign in, the game crashes with the following error output by adb:

kotlin.UninitializedPropertyAccessException: lateinit property signInController has not been initialized

When I tried to debug it, I found that the init function never seems to complete. That is, I put a print statement before and after the init function and the one after does not appear to get called. It does not throw any errors here, but crashes when I try to call signIn.

I hope that someone else might have experience with this and can help me out because I’m tearing my hair out over this. I have already checked the package name, SHA, client ID, etc. are all correct, but the init function is just not doing anything as far as I can tell.

Any suggestions at all would be greatly appreciated.

Is this library updated to Godot 4? Try building it from source using the AAR library for Android.

I also had problems with Google Play Games Services on Godot 3.5: I was able to sign in the user with the popup (it shows as logged inside the Play Games app), but did not returned success to the app (everything setup with the correct SHA, client ID and such). I tried building the AAR plugin from source, update the dependencies to the latest version possible and everything else, but always got the same error (code 10, DEVELOPER_ERROR, which seems related to the APK signature, but everything was correct). I simply gave up.

That’s the sad part of using libraries abandoned by its developers.

Joel Gomes da Silva | 2023-04-18 14:11

Indeed, I was thinking it might just be that the library is out of date. The listed version is 3.2.2+. Unfortunately, I am probably just going to have to scrap the Play Games Services integration I had planned as I don’t know of any alternatives.

Hamster at Dawn | 2023-04-18 14:39