Unresponsive game on launch

:information_source: Attention Topic was automatically imported from the old Question2Answer platform.
:bust_in_silhouette: Asked By Hyperflan

I am unable to start any scene, even an empty one or one that works on someone else computer with same godot engine version (3.0.6).

The scene are blank with the “Program not responding” windows when I click it.

The editor works fine :

My OS : Windows 7, OpenGL 4.6 compatible (no Idea for OpenGL ES) and no idea on what could cause the problem as i don’t see any thing logged (exepted drivers/windows/stream_peer_tcp_winsock.cpp:203 - Server disconnected! When I kill the game).

Any idea how to resolve this problem or investigate more ?
This is my first time using this engine.

Out of curiosity, does running a project work in 3.1 beta? Dev snapshot: Godot 3.1 beta 10

(Make a backup if you’re trying to run an existing 3.0 project.)

Calinou | 2019-03-03 01:21

Same problem with the 3.1 version.
I also tried to disable Windows firewal and my antivirus, but the problem remain.

Hyperflan | 2019-03-03 09:18

Maybe switching to GLES2? (top-right corner in 3.1)

Dlean Jeans | 2019-03-03 11:05

Thanks a lot that worked !

Hyperflan | 2019-03-03 14:45

As Calinou and Dlean Jeans commented, Switching to the 3.1 version and enabling GLES2 worked fine for me !
Edit : Worked only once, and not worked anymore after this.
And tried to export the projext to executable, the executable work fine too, so I can test, but the process is eavy and no debugging.

Hyperflan | 2019-03-03 14:49

Not anymore? Can you elaborate?
Is the editor still in GLES2? Maybe it randomly switched back to GLES3

Dlean Jeans | 2019-03-04 04:13

Tried to switch back, restart the engine.
It seems that restarting the computer make the game work for some times, event with openGLES 3.0 ^^’
I wonder if the problem is not an interaction with another program, but I didn’t find the program that could trigger this in my most used programs so this may be something else.
I will try to investigate a little more on my own to find when exactly it stop to work, but for know, it is often :
I launch it to test after starting the computer, it works, i use, then go do something else and when I come back to godot after few hours, it’s not working anymore.

So I’ll try to launch the editor time to time to try to find more precisely when it will stop to work and come back here with more informations.

Hyperflan | 2019-03-04 09:00

:bust_in_silhouette: Reply From: Hyperflan

Finally found the “cause” : When Godot is on my secondary screen (Like most of the time until now), the game will be unresponsive as it launch.
If Godot is on my primary screen, the game launch without problem.

Well, was really not expecting that, thanks a lot for trying helping.
I’ll open an issue about this bug on the bug tracker as I have enough information to be able to reproduce the bug !

Edit : Issue already existing : Blank Window when running with NVIDIA Optimus graphics due to Nahimic service · Issue #13208 · godotengine/godot · GitHub