Using Godot 3 and 4 on the same system for different projects?

:information_source: Attention Topic was automatically imported from the old Question2Answer platform.
:bust_in_silhouette: Asked By vYORKv

I’m curious if there will be any issues or conflicts if I use Godot 3 for one project on my computer and Godot 4 for another project on the same computer.

I know that the engine doesn’t “install” into a directory like most software, but it does create folders in appdata and possibly elsewhere. If I use both 3 & 4 simultaneously, is there any potential for issues or conflicts in the engine?

To clarify, I’m finishing a project in 3 right now that I have no need or desire to port over to the 4 beta, but I’m starting fresh a new project that is going to need 4 and will be in development well after 4 reaches full release.

:bust_in_silhouette: Reply From: jgodfrey

Maybe someone will have some specific details here. But, in the mean time, I can say that I haven’t experienced ANY issues when running both versions on the same system. So, AFAIK, you’ll be just fine.

:bust_in_silhouette: Reply From: hasnatkhan420

You can use both versions simultaneously, but it will depend on your system specification. I am running both smoothly because my system supports heavy loads.