Very odd problem with animation in godot 4.0

:information_source: Attention Topic was automatically imported from the old Question2Answer platform.
:bust_in_silhouette: Asked By turtilla955

Basically, I add a keyframe for translation to an animation player and after that I can’t move the node the keyframe is from at all. I can move a parent of the node though. When I delete the animation track for the node I can move it again. How can I fix this so that I can move it ad actually animate it

:bust_in_silhouette: Reply From: DearFox

oh i noticed that too
In this example, I am trying to rotate the same node that is already animated.
enter image description here

If that’s what you meant, then yes, it’s pretty inconvenient.
I had to remove part of the animation to slightly correct the position of the character’s arms and legs.
But I think the problem is that animation animates values and you can’t make changes to an already animated value. In order to change something, you need to change the animation of these values itself.
But it would be useful to be able to change the value and have it automatically applied to all animation keys. But as far as I know, there is no such feature at the moment.

This is exactly my problem but it also happens when the animation is not playing. Now if only this it was easier to animate things like in godot 3.x

turtilla955 | 2023-03-31 11:05