VideoStreamPlayer in Godot 4 bugged!?

:information_source: Attention Topic was automatically imported from the old Question2Answer platform.
:bust_in_silhouette: Asked By freecreativename

I have an issue that super easy to recreate. The game crashes on a Windows export without “Export with Debug”

I have created 2 simple scenes with VideoStreamPlayer and a button in each to switch between them. When I run the game in the editor, it works fine, when I export it with debug it works fine. As soon as I untick “Export with Debug” the game crashes randomly, sometimes after a few button clicks(changing scenes), sometimes on the first click… The console gives no errors whatsoever…
Tried to do it in Godot 4.0.3 and 4.1 beta3, the result is the same. I have also recreated this in Godot 3.5.2, the exported game without “Export with Debug” works fine, without crashes at all.

I have spent 4-5 hours yesterday searching internet and trying to fix it, but I couldn’t. Tried different ffmpeg builds to convert the video, tried different video framerates. Is it a Godot 4 issue?

I have a game that does this, and only on Windows too (and also, it didn’t use a VideoStreamPlayer). I didn’t investigate why (it was an HTML game) but if you do have a small test case, report it as a bug.

spaceyjase | 2023-06-28 10:18

I did report a bug on Github too.

freecreativename | 2023-06-28 11:38