What causes this incorrect collision behavior with autotiling?

:information_source: Attention Topic was automatically imported from the old Question2Answer platform.
:bust_in_silhouette: Asked By Socrates

I created a tileset for a platformer with autotiling and created the collision shapes in the autotile tab. Mostly it works as expected. However, whenever the character moves to a corner, it stops short of the corner. And when falling from a platform into a corner, the player stops short of the ground and cannot walk (but can jump like normal). Here are two images of the problem with collision shapes visible: Imgur: The magic of the Internet

It probably has something to do with the fact that with the layout i used for the tileset, some collision polygons are convex and some are concave, and you have to specify one or the other for the whole tileset, but I’m not really sure. Regardless of whether I specify convex or concave, the same problem occurs. I’m trying a new layout where all the collision shapes will be square, but it doesn’t seem as flexible as the layout I was using before, and the tiles will be less visually interesting. Also the new layout will require pixel snapping or an extreme amount of setup to avoid tearing, which is not ideal.

Socrates | 2018-05-26 17:31