Why isn't my exported .exe file opening?

:information_source: Attention Topic was automatically imported from the old Question2Answer platform.
:bust_in_silhouette: Asked By sheathimony

My game runs absolutely fine in the editor. When I try to export it to windows desktop, the icon shows up fine and the file size isn’t empty, but when I click on it, the splash screen shows up for a second then the game closes. I looked thru the code and all the asset names have the right case, so it’s not that… in fact I’m not seeing any error messages at all, it’s just not opening

https://github.com/sheathimony/Bawlzgamehelp/tree/main I’m not sure if this will work because I’ve never done anything like this before, but I uploaded the game file to github so if some kind soul wanted to look thru my mess, I’m sure they could figure out what I’m doing wrong

:bust_in_silhouette: Reply From: GlitchedCode

It sounds like you don’t have your main scene set. Hit the play button and you should have a popup or, you can set it in the project settings.

I do have my main scene set.

sheathimony | 2023-04-07 15:37

I do have my main scene set.

Edit: I just noticed it’s giving me an error “The function ‘change_scene()’ returns a value, but this value is never used.” multiple times when I run the game. Now granted, it’s changing scenes just fine in the editor window, but might this error be messing it up on export?

sheathimony | 2023-04-07 15:45

if this helps, the only thing I can see that seems wrong is that “export all” is grayed out and gives this message Imgur: The magic of the Internet but idk why or how to fix it

sheathimony | 2023-04-07 16:18

:bust_in_silhouette: Reply From: sheathimony

Oh thank God I got it! IDK exactly what I did, but I think I had been trying to export it with some deleted assets, and when I manually selected only the scenes I knew were in the game via the “Resources to Export” tab, it worked perfectly.

Unfortunately I have the same problem, I tried not to completely export the whole scene but it destroyed my game, could you tell me how you solved this problem, it would be very helpful, thanks.

Hi, since the move from the old platform all user accounts were deleted and the OP will not receive any notification for your message.

What error message did you get initially?

2 Likes

There is no error message when I run the game, I did install the 2.34.1 version of Dialogue manager plugin. I tried to not to export a file named “parser.gd” the plugin file and it works but it also stop the plugin from running.